Saturday, June 11, 2011

Mumbo Jumbo Blarney Vs. The Truth

Keep it positive is a phrase I hear often; honestly though, when I hear this saying, it irks me. What does keeping it positive really do anyway? It’s a Band-Aid with no adhesive; it’s encouragement with no true fix or hope! It’s a gamble! It’s also a pack of lies!

Why do we sit and listen to this new age mumbo jumbo and take it? I guess I realized today that I have become complacent in some of my thinking or when I am considering the thoughts or points of others. The Bible does tell us to test what we hear and to line up how we live via the word of God and not me, you, Buddha, a spirit guide, etc.

Remember the old cliche “put your money where your mouth is”? Well, how dare I say “be positive; it’s going to work out” with no true substance or hope for the days ahead. I need to remember to tell people that I serve a God who is able to do all things. He is a mighty God. I can be positive because He is faithful. That’s a sure thing. No one gambles on sure things! Stop the blarney or the words we revert to when we don't know what to say, or we to fearful to tell the truth!

So, the next time you hear that phrase…. be bold and tell them about Jesus! Be bold and tell them that "this is the day that He has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it". It's a reason to hope. It's a sign that He is with us everyday and that we awaken and breath His life that He has bestowed upon us! He is alive! He moves! Look for Him; He is the one true Hope!

No comments:

Blog Archive