Saturday, June 4, 2011

A Conduit for Christ

Last week I heard my pastor say that “we needed to be a conduit for Christ”. The word conduit resonated with my spirit. The mention of that word has taken me on a personal journey the last few weeks.


The first thing I thought of was what does that exactly mean? I remembered teaching a 9th grade text feature lesson with a diagram that had the word: conduit on it. I knew it had something to do with a connection electronically to make something work. But what did that have to do with Christ?

I looked in the thesaurus and I found the following words: mouthpiece, instrument, agent, and tool. This began to shed some light. I pondered the meaning of each word.

If I want others to come to Christ, I need to be his mouthpiece. If I want to draw men to Christ, I need to be an instrument that He can use. If I want to follow and obey the Great Commission, I need to be His agent-on- assignment here on Earth. If I want to love others and help them to find Christ, I need to be a tool for Christ’s use. I have to allow Him to shape me and mold me. Some days I may have to morph from a screwdriver to a hammer. Ouch, one week He may insist I am a nail. Nevertheless, in whatever situation I find myself in, will I be a conduit for Christ?

What about? Will you be a conduit for Christ?

No comments:

Blog Archive