Saturday, October 8, 2011

Cobwebs and Dust Bunnies Alert




Yesterday I got up at 4AM. I couldn’t sleep. I laid there for a long time resisting the urge to get up and clean. I prayed and tried to fall back a sleep. To no avail, I gave in and got up! I hit the deck up and running: dishes, laundry, dusting, etc.

Today I got up and noticed cobwebs and dust bunnies about the house. How is this possible? I questioned. I wondered how they got there so fast, or had they been there all the time. Were the dust bunnies magically moving around as I cleaned or responding to the thrush of wind as I walked by? Either way, one truth still remained. They were there, though I had not seen them before, and I had overlooked them.

The Lord began to speak to me about this situation. He reminded me of the importance of surrendering our hearts fully to God, which means every part. We need His bright illuminating flashlight shining in every chamber of our heart. When we don’t take the time to do our regular heart maintenance, which is prayer; before you know it, there are cobwebs and dust bunnies everywhere.

I hear my skeptical readers saying but there will always be cobwebs and dust bunnies. I actually agree with you. One, God only gives us more than we can handle, and two, healing is like pealing an onion. He reveals things in our heart one thing at a time, so we can handle them.


In short, we always have to be on the lookout for cobwebs and dust bunnies in the natural and the spiritual. When they are found, they need to be handled both carefully and quickly.

No comments:

Blog Archive