Sunday, September 18, 2011

Hope - Hillsong


Dear Friends,
As I was preparing to lead worship this week, I began to meditate on the lyrics of this song. I felt led to go to Biblegateway.com and look at the scriptures that had hope in them. I was magically lifted as I began to read. I was enlightened and lifted from a lower plain to a higher plain in God. I was reminded of the many promises we have in His word. Let me share a few of these magical treasures with you.

One, the word instructs me to hope in Him all day long. Psalm 25:5 "Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long" (NIV). This is the key: thinking on Him.

Two, Psalm 39:7 says, “But now, Lord, what do I look for? My hope is in you." (NIV). This means I need to look for Him and not to other places to bring me hope. I need to keep my eyes on Him.

Three, Psalm 62:5 says, "Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from Him." (NIV). My soul will rest in God because I do find my hope in Him. I might need to call my soul into resting and speak this scripture, but I still have a choice. I can find rest. This is what I am choosing to do!

Four, "As for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more." (Psalm 71:14 NIV). I will always have hope. Jesus came to give us life (John 10:10b). He has an abundant life for us. This means we always have hope. To think we do not have hope is a lie. I believe the word of God.
Psalm 119:81 tells us that we can hope in His word. There is always hope!

Finally, Proverbs 13:12 says that, "Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life." (NIV). This tells me that if I have deferred hope, my heart will be sick. Why not reach out to God right at your computer and tune in to the hope line. It's taking calls as you read. May He pour His presence over you mightily and restore, revive, and renew your hope in Him.

No comments:

Blog Archive