Saturday, February 12, 2011

Pregnant at 43!

I am pregnant and 43 years old; pregnant with a book, pregnant with speaking, pregnant with Psalms, pregnant with a worship and praise ministry, and pregnant with His Word. Pregnant, pregnant, pregnant, and its' painful, exciting, and scary all at the same time!

Being pregnant at this age takes a toll on my body; yet, I rejoice that these pregnancy pains, aka creation pains, are wildly and vividly moving in and through my spirit. Praise God, new life is coming forth! The stretching is uncomfortable. Moms you know the struggles that can occur during pregnancy. The funny thing is that once your baby is born, you eventually forget the trials of pregnancy and the labor pains. You faintly remember the struggles, such as nausea, swollen feet, and back aches. Despite the trials that occur during pregnancy, you anticipate the birth! The excruciating pain of pushing is quickly forgotten. Knowing these natural concepts helps me to look forward to what God has for me! I am embracing these new children.

In Romans 8: 18 -21 (MSG) is states, “That's why I don't think there's any comparison between the present hard times and the coming good times. The created world itself can hardly wait for what's coming next.” As sons of God in this Earth, we wait with anticipation for so many things. This scripture gives me such hope and comfort that while I labor in this spiritual pregnancy, the new seeds will come forth. “Meanwhile, the joyful anticipation deepens.” I wait for you Lord to bring it to pass. I trust you through this pregnancy; I am obedient to the steps you are asking me to take, both big and small. This is my prayer in the struggle. I know good times are ahead! Jesus, your Word is alive in me.

I am encouraged as I read on in Romans 8 verses 22-25 (MSG). It states that “All around us we observe a pregnant creation. The difficult times of pain throughout the world are simply birth pangs. But it's not only around us; it's within us. The Spirit of God is arousing us within. We're also feeling the birth pangs. These sterile and barren bodies of ours are yearning for full deliverance. That is why waiting does not diminish us, any more than waiting diminishes a pregnant mother. We are enlarged in the waiting. We, of course, don't see what is enlarging us. But the longer we wait, the larger we become, and the more joyful our expectancy.” Praise God, in the spiritual my places are being enlarged.

I see the signs of stretching and am learning to do things I never did before. I am growing in the area of using technology. This is just one area I am mentioning as an example; I am also making myself sit down and write. I am getting ready for God to use me for a greater purpose beyond myself. I have had a paradigm switch. I am pregnant with the “Word”. It’s time to speak it! I have been frantically making lists and being obedient. I am also pregnant with a book. It was prophesied this past Sunday by my Pastor, Keith Jones, “Publish that book!”

What more do I need to hear? Things have been difficult; should I think them as odd or strange? No. Also, I could easily grow weary, but as I read on in Romans 8, I understand that “God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good.” I love this! He knows our pregnant condition, and He is going to work something good- it says every detail- it’s time to trust God! When I don't know what to do or say, I can pray and God prays through me when I don't have the word. This truth and event brings me such peace.

You see it says that “God knew what he was doing from the very beginning. He decided from the outset to shape the lives of those who love him along the same lines as the life of his Son. The Son stands first in the line of humanity he restored. We see the original and intended shape of our lives there in him. After God made that decision of what his children should be like, he followed it up by calling people by name. After he called them by name, he set them on a solid basis with himself. And then, after getting them established, he stayed with them to the end, gloriously completing what he had begun.” He was shaping me before eternity began; He knows me by name. That’s enough for me! He is going to complete what He has begun. I don’t have to worry or fret. In fact, He wants me to rest. This is not easy for me to do, but I am learning to do it. He is showing me that all I need to do is be obedient and trust, and He will do the rest.

What are you waiting for you?

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans%208:%2018-30&version=MSG

No comments:

Blog Archive