Monday, March 21, 2011

God's Little Cheerleader: That's Me!

Yesterday, I sang the Song No Limits by Martha Manuzzi at Gulf Coast Assembly of God in North Port, Fl. Despite the challenges I had faced in my personal and professional life this past week, I went forward and delivered the song in boldness. I sang and believed the words for myself and the congregation. Thus, I do believe that God is doing amazing things in my life and the Body of Christ. I am looking for these miracles and opportunities with spiritual eyes. I also took the words Valerie Bell delivered to me via the Holy Spirit this past Saturday afternoon. I went forth in boldness. I also felt a new fervor in my prayer life and praise. I have felt it growing over that past few months. If you know me, you have seen it with your own eyes! And, God is so good!

So when I came off the platform after singing, God spoke to me and told me I was one of His cheer leaders. Yes, God has a sense of humor. If you know me well, then you know I always wanted to be a cheerleader. I never made it. This happened for many reasons. One, I did not feel confident enough to parade in those tacky uniforms; I was chunky. Two, I was not bold enough to shout for the team; I was afraid of crowds. Three, there were other things going on my life that inhibited me from making tryouts and practice times; I often had little joy. So, I let the dream go.

I love it: God’s little cheerleader. Thank you Lord. I'd cheer for You any day, and no matter what the weather looks like, I’ll be out there cheering for You! I will also be out there cheering for my blog readers and the congregation that I am blessed to minister to- no matter what!

I hope this encouraged you. I have learned that there is power in praising God. It lifts you! Get out those spiritual pom-poms! Go to new heights in God! What is stopping you?


http://www.blogger.com/www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D1Q2pSEv-beI

No comments:

Blog Archive